This fresh cranberry orange relish is the perfect accompaniment to heavier holiday fare. It adds a bit of tang, sweet and freshness to what is often a very substantial meal. Leave out the jalapenos if you don’t like things spicy but do add the cilantro; it makes a big difference.
- 1 unpeeled orange, cut into eighths and seeded
- 1 12-ounce package fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 3/4-1 cup sugar (adjust to your taste)
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh jalapeno pepper. With or without seeds and depending on how hot you like it. (Use your judgement here!)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Place the cranberries and the orange slices in food processor container. Process until mixture is evenly chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Add jalapeno, cilantro and sugar. Stir. Store in refrigerator.