Skincare is self-care and this month we’re giving your skin some extra love. February is the month of passion and we want to get you fired up about putting skincare at the top of your list.
Our Gift to You
Until February 14th, choose from one of two special gifts with purchase. Let us help you turn your skincare routine into a self care ritual:
- Orders $50+. Keep the hair off your face during your AM/PM routines, while looking oh so cute too. This sustainably made, hand-tied headband is by local designer, Nina Reid (@nin.clothing – Instagram). The bamboo blend fabric is sourced from Vancouver’s fabric recycling company, Fabcycle. Retail value $15
- Orders $125+. Punch up the smoothness with our Bamboo Lemongrass Foaming Body Polish, an invigorating exfoliating polish for the body. You’ll love using this polish several times a week during your morning shower or while luxuriating in a slow Sunday bath. However you use it, get ready for the softest skin ever! Retail value $45.
Use code februarylove at checkout and your gift will be added to your order.
*Promotion cannot be combined with any other offer/promotion, including discounts
*1 gift per customer (either/or)
*Promotion doesn’t apply to past purchases
*While supplies last.
Skincare is Self Care – Make it a Ritual
- Listen to relaxing music
- Use a guided meditation app
- Take a long bath, followed with our Lemon Rose Body Oil or Shea Body Butter to help lock in moisture
- Enjoy the act of simple steps, like massaging a serum or our Antioxidant Face Oil into your skin, which can be extremely relaxing to both your mind and body.
Embracing self-care doesn’t mean that you have to splurge on expensive skin care products or devices. The real benefit comes from taking that “me” time.
7 Science Backed Self Care Ideas For You to Embrace
It’s easy to ignore self care, but it’s so necessary to your overall wellness. Self care helps you to sharpen both your mental and physical health and is an important practice in an increasingly overstimulating and noisy word. If you’re like most women, you probably aren’t doing enough of it.
Here are some ideas to help incorporate self care into your daily, weekly or even hourly schedule – whatever you can manage and feels best for you.
- Get Outside. Being outdoors has been shown to be meditative and it’s also a great way to sneak in some exercise.
- Pay it Forward. Help others; give time or money; pay a compliment. Making others happy, also makes you happy.
- Stress Less. We all know that stress is REALLY bad for your health. While we can’t make it go away, it’s important to use strategies that will help you to manage it. From taking a tea break to some alone time, find ways to help you relax.
- Be Mindful. Focus on the present, without worrying about what happened yesterday or the tomorrow you can’t control.
- Dance. Not only does dancing burn calories, it also can help put you in a good mood. One of my favorite things to do while I prep dinner.
- Eat More Fruits and Veggies. Loaded with antioxidants, micronutrients and fibre, these colorful foods are essential to good health.
- Get Enough Zzzs. Prioritize sleep, even if it’s just a quick cat nap. Beyond a grumpy you, studies have shown that insufficient sleep increases a person’s risk of developing serious medical conditions, including obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
Share with us some of your favorite ways to practice self care.