We don’t add ingredients just because they’re trendy, organic or natural…
When I decided to start a skin care line, I wanted to create something different. A line that was effective, transparent and safe. Apothekari is that, but it’s also something more. It’s a reflection of my experience, my knowledge and my values too.
Staying true to my pharmacy roots, Apothekari is a science-based line made with ingredients clinically proven to deliver the best possible results for your skin. However, what’s NOT in Apothekari is just as important. Our products are:
- Paraben-free. There’s a lot of controversy surrounding this preservative so we’ve taken the precaution of excluding it.
- Formaldehyde-free. Preservatives which may be highly sensitizing to skin.
- SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) and SLES (sodium laureth sulfate) free. Foaming agents which make skin feel ‘squeaky clean’ yet strip away its natural protective oils and increase its pH levels, leaving it feeling dry and irritated. Much more gentle alternatives are available and we have chosen to use these instead.
- Phthalate-free. Found in ‘parfum’ and ‘fragrance’, phthalates are linked with concerns about reproductive health. Some forms have been banned in the European Union.
- Synthetic fragrance-free. Often a source of phthalates, fragrances are one of the most common causes of allergic reactions.
- Synthetic colourant free.
- Cruelty-free/No animal testing.
We formulate with ingredients that have a purpose, never added just because they are trendy, organic or natural. We believe that your skin deserves the same care and attention as your overall health and wellness, and our products reflect that. Apothekari operates with honesty and transparency to deliver treatments that work. No hype or empty promises – just results.
All products are registered with Health Canada and we work with certified labs in Canada and the USA.
Truthful marketing, factual information and above all, products that deliver results – that’s Apothekari. We receive rave reviews and testimonials from our customers and are humbled to be trusted with their skin care needs.
Sharmani Pillay, Pharmacist
Apothekari Founder & Owner