At Apothekari Skincare we are committed to providing our website visitors, subscribers and/or customers with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection, use, and disclosure of some personal information about our subscribers protecting their personal information is one of our highest priorities.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
We use Stripe as an alternative way of processing payments in our online store. You can read more about how Stripe uses your Personal Information at https://stripe.com/en-ca/privacy
We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
With your permission, you may opt-in to our email newsletter and we will send you emails about our company, products, recipes, promotions, and other updates. You can opt-out at any time. An unsubscribe link is provided in every email newsletter you receive from us. We will never share your email address.
We use Klaviyo for our email marketing. You can read more about how Klaviyo uses your Personal Information at https://www.klaviyo.com/privacy
With your permission, you may opt-in to our SMS Marketing and we will send you texts about our company, products, recipes, promotions, and other updates. You can opt-out at any time. An unsubscribe link is provided in every text message you receive from us. We will never share your phone number. We use Klaviyo for our SMS marketing. You can read more about how Klaviyo uses your Personal Information at https://www.klaviyo.com/legal/privacy-notice
By consenting to SMS Marketing, you agree to receive marketing text messages from us at the number provided, including messages sent by autodialer. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies. Reply HELP for help or STOP to cancel.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use technologies to improve our website and market our website. Technologies may include third-party services like Google ads (AdWords), social products (like the +1 button) or analytics tools (Google Analytics). Through our website, certain information is automatically sent to Google. This includes, for example, the web address of the page that you’re visiting and your IP address. We may also set cookies on your browser, or read cookies that are already there. We do not collect personally identifiable information.
Our website may use personalized advertising (also know as interested-based advertising) features such as:
- Affinity audiences
- Custom affinity audiences
- Similar audiences
- Demographic and location targeting
Similarly, apps that partner with Google can send us information such as the name of the app and an identifier that helps us to determine which ads we’ve served to other apps on your device, although it does not collect personally identifiable information.
Read more about data collection and use in Google’s Personalized Advertising.
How We Use the Information Sent By Your Browser
When you visit websites or use apps that use Google (or other) technologies, we may use the information we receive from those websites and apps to, for example:
• Make ads more effective
• Provide reports of ads activity
• Help website and app owners using Google Analytics to understand how visitors engage with their sites or apps
• Improve your Google+ experience
• Detect and defend against fraud and other security risks to protect users and partners
How You Can Control the Information Sent to Google
Here are some of the ways you can control the information that is shared by your web browser when you visit or interact with Google services on partners’ sites across the web:
- Ads Settings helps you control the ads by Google that you see on the web. You can learn how ads are selected for you, opt out of certain categories and block specific advertisers. Learn more about advertising.
- Many sites across the web use Google Analytics to understand how visitors engage with their sites or apps. If you don’t want Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the Google Analytics browser add-on. Learn more about Google Analytics and privacy.
- Google makes it easy for you to make recommendations for your friends – for example, by clicking the +1 button on content you like. Some of your +1s may show your name and Google+ profile photo in ads, but you can opt out if you don’t want to appear in ads. You can also visit the +1 tab on your Google+ profile to review and manage all of your +1’s. Learn more about how to get to your +1 tab.
- Incognito mode in Chrome allows you to browse the web without recording web pages and files in your browser history. Cookies are deleted after you’ve closed all of your incognito windows and tabs, and your bookmarks and settings are stored until you delete them. Learn more about cookies.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Other Social Media Sites
In addition to Google, we use other technologies to improve our website and market our website. Technologies may include third-party services like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media channels. Through our website, certain information is automatically sent to those sites via pixels and or code snippets installed on our website. It may also set cookies on your browser, or read cookies that are already there. We do not collect personally identifiable information. The information is aggregated so it is not personally identifiable. We do not combine data from various sources (e.g. from our shopping cart checkout, Google, and social media channels in an attempt to personally identify customers or website visitors.
Our website may use advertising products available through Facebook, Instagram, other apps, and other social media channels that use interested-based advertising features such as:
- Custom audiences
- Connection targeting
- Demographic and location targeting
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Google – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
European Residents – Your Rights
We do not market to European residents. We only market to Canada and the United States.
We have specified in our Facebook Business Page settings to not show our posts or ads outside of Canada or the United States.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we may inadvertently hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com.