Here we are, almost at mid-December and for most of us, the festive season is in full swing. While we may love the lights, the gatherings and the abundance of good food, they can all come with a price. We’re probably eating too much (and maybe not that well), imbibing in alcohol more frequently and also not getting enough sleep.
Your skin may be showing its displeasure with your lack of care and indulgences but thankfully, there are ways to disguise what we’ve been up to. Here are 5 holiday skin care tips to help you and your skin survive:
- Keep Clean. Yes, I know. After a late night out, possibly wearing gorgeous but deathly uncomfortable heels, all you want to do is fall into bed. Yet, if you don’t take the time to remove your makeup and wash your face, problems will arise. A dirty face, especially combined with too much alcohol, poor food choices and not enough sleep will lead to breakouts and blemishes. And this is just the time of year when you don’t need them.
- Sleep. While there tend to be many late nights during the holiday season, strive for early nights when you aren’t going out. This one little thing will impact not only how your skin looks but also your overall wellness.
- Add Some Shimmer. Now may be a good time to seek out a good highlighter or shimmer powder. There are many options to choose from and a shimmer powder will add some sparkle to your face. Often infused with light-reflecting particles, you’ll be left with a luminous, radiant look that hides what you did last night!
- Put On a Concealer. If you’ve been out too much or up too late, an under eye concealer can help to hide the dark circles that accumulate from lack of sleep. This little trick can brighten up and awaken the eye area, making it seem that you had enough shut eye.
- Try Going Make-up Free. Hard when you’re a social butterfly, but on days at home, give your skin a break to give it a chance to breathe and recover.
This busy and hectic time is also one of my favourite times of the year. While it’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle, it’s important also to take care of yourself and I hope that these holiday skinc care tips are useful. Slow down, take a deep breath and enjoy. It’ll get you to the New Year looking bright and beautiful and ready to take on the world!